Duties and Responsibilities of the Hydrographic Surveyor role
As required by the leadership team, you will be responsible for the installation, calibration and operation of navigation (satellite and acoustics) multibeam, scanning sonar and laser systems on a variety of projects.
You will utilise QPS QINSy acquisition and processing software and products from leading manufacturers and software developers including (but not limited to) IXBlue, Sonardyne, Applanix, C-Nav, Hemisphere, Leica, Teledyne, Kongsberg, EIVA and ESRI primarily onboard nearshore/inshore vessels but also offshore survey vessels (as required) to collect, process and report high-quality datasets to a range of clients who operate in the marine environment.
The role will also include other duties that are deemed reasonably practicable to fulfil company objectives.
About the successful candidate
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years of industry experience, ideally on smaller, nearshore vessels where you will have been exposed to hands-on equipment deployment on small back deck spaces.
- Preferably degree-qualified in a relevant scientific subject.
- Experience with QINSy online software is essential.
- Data processing experience with Qimera is preferred.
- Full, clean Driving License
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, both on-site and in an office environment.
- Use of own initiative/problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good communicator at all levels
- OPITO BOSIET Training
- Offshore Medical
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
If you're looking for a new challenge and want to be part of a growing and dynamic company, send your CV and cover letter to:
George Eustice – email@example.com
Be sure to mention: "Hydrographic Surveyor Position" in the subject line.